Enfrijoladas – Bean Sauce Enchiladas Kit
Serves for 4 persons
This package includes:
30 pack White Corn Tortillas (14 cm) @MXflavour
1 can whole Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce @MXFlavour
1 can Black Refried Beans @MXflavour
- 1 to 3 (depending the level of heat desired) Chipotle Chilies @MXFlavour
- 1 800g can of Black Refried Beans @MXFlavour
- 1 cup of chicken stock or water
- 2 cups of shredded roasted chicken
- 12 white corn tortillas @MXFlavour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 70 grams fetta cheese
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- In a blender, blend together the Chipotle chilies and the cooked beans. Slowly add the chicken stock or water until you achieve a soup-like texture
- Heat the pureed bean sauce mixture in a medium cooking pot to a gentle simmer and then lower the heat. Keep stirring every now and then until it’s time to serve.
- Heat a dry non-stick skillet over hot heat
- Taking one tortilla at a time, heat on the skillet for about 30 seconds per side until it is nice and flexible. As you go, place each heated tortilla into a pile (piling them will help maintain heat and flexibility). Place them on top of a tea towel and cover them with another so they don’t lose heat.
- Pour ½ cup of the bean sauce in the bottom of a shallow rectangular dish. Place 2 tablespoons of warmed shredded chicken onto each tortilla and then fold the tortilla in half. Arrange the filled, folded tortillas neatly, slightly overlapped, in the bottom of the dish
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the tortillas. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with fetta cheese, and raw, sliced red onion.