Flautas – Fried Tacos Kit
When people say they want Mexican for dinner, this is the simplest, most perfect way to go—and it uses your leftover roast chicken. Flautas are child-friendly, Coeliac-friendly, and ready in minutes.This package includes:
30 pack White CornTortillas (18 cm) @MXflavour
1 can Salsa Verde @MXflavour
1 can Black Refried Beans 800 grams @MXflavour
- 16 White Corn Tortillas @MXflavour
- 1 can Salsa Verde @MXflavour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tightly packed shredded roasted chicken
- 1 cos lettuce
- Thickened cream (optional)
- Crumbled fetta cheese (optional)
- 16 toothpicks
You could make the flautas in a hot pan or on a sandwich press.
- Spray the tortillas on both sides with olive oil
- Taking one tortilla at a time, heat on the skillet for about 30 seconds per side until it is nice and flexible. As you go, place each heated tortilla into a pile (piling them will help maintain heat and flexibility). Place them on top of a tea towel and cover them with another so they don’t lose heat.
- Spread some shredded chicken on one end of the tortilla and roll tightly. Insert a toothpick so it doesn't come undone and place the rolled tortilla back on a medium/hot pan with about 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Roll the tortilla over so that all sides become crispy and remove from pan
- Add more oil as required until you finish all the tortillas
- To serve: