MXF Super Salsa Verde Kit
Why do people torment themselves trying to mix kale and spinach in their breakfast smoothie when they could do something way more delicious with these ingredients while benefiting from the alkalising benefits of kale, spinach and coriander? Welcome to Mexican food, where everything is mouth-watering.
MXF Super Salsa Verde Recipe
- 1 x 760 gram can of Whole Tomatillos @MXflavour
- ½ bunch kale
- 500 grams of spinach or baby bpinach
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3–6 Jalapeños or long green chilies (depending on the level of heat desired)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ brown/white onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- In a saucepan over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half a roughly chopped onion, soften for 2 minutes
- Add roughly chopped garlic and jalapeños and stir for 2 more minutes until the onion and garlic are transluscent and the chili has begun to darken
- Roughly chop all the leaves and add to the pan with the water. Stir until the leaves start to loose volume
- Add all the contents of the pan to a blender or food processor and process until the desired consistency is reached. We like our salsas really smooth so we process for a minute
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan over medium/high heat and return the contents of the blender to the pan. When the sauce starts simmering, add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and the salt, stir well and let simmer for a further 2 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
You can bottle this salsa into sterile Mason-type jars and they will last unopened for a month—we refrigerate ours anyway. Once opened, the salsa will last in the fridge for about 10 days.
Make scrambled eggs with salsa on top for an amazing breakfast!