Tacos al Pastor - Kit
This is a Mexico City's Classic!! Amazingly easy to prepare for a bunch of people.This package includes:
30 pack White Corn Tortillas (14 cm) @MXflavour
1 pack Guajillo chilli 100 grams @MXflavour
1 pack Ancho chilli 100 grams @MXflavour
1 pack Mexican oregano 50 grams @MXflavour
Tacos al Pastor Recipe
Serves 6 people
- 1k pork steak (from shoulder or leg) sliced as thin as possible
- 6 Guajillo Chilli @ mxflavour.com.au
- 4 Ancho chilli @ mxflavour.com.au
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- 5 TBSP White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Mexican Oregano @ mxflavour.com.au
- 4 whole Black peppers
- 1 teaspoon of Powdered Chicken stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Remove and discard the stems, seeds, and large veins from the chili pods. Heat a cast iron pan on medium-high add 1 Tablespoon of oil and lightly roast ancho chili pods for a minute, add whole cloves of garlic, guajillo chillies, ¼ red onion and white vinegar one at a time, stir thoroughly. And proceed to add: Mexican Oregano, Whole peppers; stir again before adding powdered chicken stock, water, and salt. Stir thoroughly and allow to simmer for a minute,
- Prepare the red sauce by puréeing in a blender all the above ingredients.
- Brush a tablespoon of sauce over both sides of each steak and let sit covered for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to an empty pan, and turn it on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add each steak one at a time and turn until cooked through.
- Once all steaks have been cooked, use a chopping board and a sharp knife to cut them into strips.
- Slice the ¾ red onion thinly. Add a tablespoon of oil to an empty pan, and turn it on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the sliced onion and stir through until transparent, add the sliced stakes and stir fry for a minute until sauce has been blended through onion and onion is mixed through meat.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, with accompanying garnishes and hot tortillas.
To serve:Salsa Verde @ mxflavour.com.au